1. Create a comic strip version of the book or informational text.
2. Make an illustrated glossary of terms.
3. Act out one or more important parts.
4. Make a game board of significant events or information in the text.
5. Write a list of things you learned then make a quiz for the class.
6. Write an imaginary (or real) interview with the author.
7. Draw and label a step-by-step process.
8. Create a poster that summarizes and advertises the book.
9. Take a survey of your classmates' knowledge about the topic then graph it.
10. Write how the info will affect your life.
There are plenty of other ideas, just wanted to start a list. Having students create something in response to a book or other text is one of the best ways to make the information stick, don't you think? If you would like, please visit my Kids + Nonfiction board on Pinterest...it definitely needs more pins added to it, so I'm going to go do some searches right now. Thanks for reading!
My web site