Monday, June 30, 2014

Last Post!




Today is our last post on I.N.K. I am so relieved!  I’ve spent a lot of time working on this blog since I first had the idea in the Fall of 2007. Now I’m ready to move on to new things and perhaps give some neglected things another go (blows thick dust off of pile of unpublished manuscripts).

I’ve got to take this last opportunity to thank a few people who’ve been involved for quite a while, even though I’m likely to forget more people than I should.  Thanks to Loreen for all of her technical help with the blog and to Gretchen for organizing the News feature these last few months. Thanks to Vicki for finding the blog inspirational and to Roz for always being the voice unafraid to address the big issues. Thanks to Barbara for so much valuable information on the process of writing picture book biographies, Deborah for sharing so many links and insights into her creative thought process, and Steve for being willing to think things out about the bigger meaning of the smallest things in all of his posts.  Thanks to Sue for going so in depth about the work she does and to Jim for such thought-provoking posts that it got us mentioned in the New York Times.  Thanks to Jan for asking for tech help when she needed it and ultimately mastering the art of posting photos on blogger. Thanks to Susan G., Ann B., and Susan K. for the quality of their posts and their continuous and much valued supportive emails. Thanks to David for caring about getting his posts in on time no matter what continent he was on. Thanks to Cheryl for being every history nerds dream with her historical tidbits and witty repartee.  And thanks to Anna for sticking with me from the very beginning and setting a great example by achieving her publishing dream.

Thanks to all of our guest bloggers, our monthly bloggers, and our former regulars who all helped shape and maintain the quality of the blog. I think we’re all proud of the end result.


The blog ( and the Facebook page) will remain up and you can easily access all of the old posts. So take a look, it’s quite a compilation. I should know; I’ve read every single post and learned a tremendous amount along the way. 

12 comments:

T. said...

Thank you. I will miss checking this blog everyday for new content; it was a favorite part of my morning routine! You have introduced me to so many outstanding authors and illustrators and for that I will always be grateful.

Susan E. Goodman said...

All I can say is thank you for letting me be a part of this.

Marfe Ferguson Delano said...

Linda, thank you for starting the I.N.K. blog, nurturing it along, and letting me be part of it, too. Good luck with your new adventures!

Deborah Heiligman said...

Linda,
Thank you for starting I.N.K., and for letting us all learn and grow writing it and reading it! It's been a wonderful experience, and I'm so grateful to have been a part of it.
Glad the blog will stay up; there's a wealth of information here.
Good luck with your new adventures. And to everyone!
Best,
Deborah

Melissa Stewart said...

Linda,

Thanks for your innovative thinking 7 years ago. Your brainchild has become an invaluable resource for the kidlit community. And thanks too for your dedication and leadership. Your tireless efforts have inspired all of us to expand our thinking of what we do and how we do it. I've learned so much from my fellow bloggers.

Anna M. Lewis said...

Thank you, too, Linda.
Your support has meant so much to me all these years.
Here's to our next chapters. ♥
Anna
(Bananz)

Gretchen Woelfle said...

Longest and loudest thanks of all to Linda, our Indomitable Leader, without whom…...

Rosalyn Schanzer said...

....And an enormous thanks back to you Linda, for inviting us to let loose with any and everything nonfiction that we've been pondering for lo these many years. Best regards to everyone, and please keep in touch!

Susan Kuklin said...

This day has finally come. It is hard to imagine morning coffee without the latest words of wisdom from the wonderful INK writers who grace this site. Thank you, Linda, for creating so inspiring a forum. Good luck with future adventures. I am forever grateful that you included me in this one.
Susan K

Sue Macy said...

Linda:
Thanks for a job well done. Hope our paths cross again.

Jarm Del Boccio said...

Glad you will have a chance to do the things you have put aside for this blog. I will look forward to perusing the site at my leisure. All the best!

Steve Sheinkin said...

A huge thank you to I.N.K. and to Linda for including me in this amazing community. By all means, dust off those manuscripts!